Monday, May 10, 2010

Row your boat ashore


Just like it takes two paddles to row a boat. So it takes faith (prayer) and action (good works) to live as a follower of Jesus.

We pray and we row. We roe and we pray. One without the other causes life to go in a circle.

I don’t want my life as a follower of Jesus to be lopsided. I don’t want to simply go in circles by using only the “good works” paddle and have no intimacy with Christ.

I don’t want my life to be only about using the “faith & prayer” paddle while I circle around Widows, Orphans and the downtrodden. In the end I will find that I did not feed and clothed the Lord himself.

As I use both paddles He keeps me going in a straight line toward His will being done on Earth.

Lord, forgive us. We like to hit each other over the head with our favorite paddles of choice. We tend to have a leaning toward a certain paddle that we like better than the other. For some reason we like to stop rowing and use our paddle as a weapon against those who like the other paddle better.

Denominations, Movements and church groups are often formed into clusters based on those of “like minded paddles”. Meanwhile we stop growing spiritually and the needs of the world go unmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment