Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Naysayers



Lately I have been relating my life with Nehemiah as he faced Naysayers.


Nehemiah 2:19 … "they laughed at us and despised us, and said, “What is this thing that you are doing?"


Some general observations


Today the “naysayers” come in two forms. Some are in the Church others are not. Based on which of the two worlds they live in determines what they “say”. Both groups are used by God’s enemy to distract me those who walk with me from our specific calling. They often assert misaligned motives of me and those around me. The details of what they say matters little. I try to always keep before me the fact that I fight against in unseen world and not flesh and blood. This is easy to say but much harder to always remember. I am however getting better at remembering it these days.

Naysayers Within the Church

The enemy uses them to try and distract me off course with fine sounding arguments about how my time, money and talents would be better spent doing “other more meaningful and productive Kingdom work”. They are unaware that they can be pawns of the enemy as they publicly pick apart my calling. I have also learned that the more fruitful I become in my Kingdom task the louder they can become. I love them dearly for they are well intended, just misguided. I truly deeply love them.

Naysayers Outside the Church

Others are “naysayers” from outside of the church. They don’t think Christians belong in the middle of the world’s problems. They want the Government to fix broken lives. They often have judgments and bitterness against the church because the church has failed them some time in the past. They oppose me using worldly politics and backroom deals to try and shut me out. I love them dearly for they are well intended, just misguided. I truly deeply love them as well.

How is it all going to look when my task is done?

Nehemiah 6:15-16 So the wall was finished on the twenty-fifth day of Elul, in fifty-two days. And it happened, when all our enemies heard of it, and all the nations around us saw these things, that they were very disheartened in their own eyes; for they perceived that this work was done by our God.

Conclusion

Like Nehemiah I will not cease from my God assigned work. Above all of things love wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment